Bandits Reborn
Bandits Reborn
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Bandits Reborn - World of Warcraft
 WoW - Quests and Events
 Minstrel quest help needed
 New Topic New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author  Topic Next Topic  

Pach
Bandit Dwagon

18375 Posts

Posted - 06/15/2012 :  22:04:53  Show Profile Send Pach a Private Message  Reply with Quote
EDIT: Wrong forum... can this get moved to LOTRO quests, please? :)

... unfortunately, it's a solo quest, so I need some tips on how to complete it.

Volume 1, book 9, chapter 5: Amarthiel's Hope.

Basically, you follow a bunch of rangers into Annuminas, where Amarthiel makes a speech and tells one of her followers to take care of the lot of you.

You have the help of some 4-5 rangers.

I have been playing this character exclusively in a group, so I haven't the foggiest what warspeech abilities are available. I've been spam-healing whoever the boss has targetted, and popping my self-shield whenever possible.

The problem: if he crits me, he one-shots me. No, I'm not standing in the glowing stuff. He. One. Shots. Me. This especially sucks when the self-shield is on cool down and he has 3k life left.

Even more suckage, is to reset the quest with the rangers, I have to cancel the quest, wait 5 mins, and retake it. If I don't, it's just me against the boss (which will result in a quick death for me).

Any tips on how to get past this would be very, very much appreciated... so far, the only thing I can think of is to just get a few levels, and come back when the quest is grey (not much fun for my questing companions, who have already completed this quest on one shot, and are waiting on me to finish it so we can resume book quests...)

--Pach
Pacha, 65 hobbit burglar
Apachalypse, 30-something dorf guardian
... and a whole bunch of other alts with "Pach" in them...
(retired) WoW: Pach, level 80!! Night Elf Rogue (Pockaholic with dragon flying mount)
"Life is good. Flight is better." -- me

Edited by - Pach on 06/15/2012 22:57:02

Amy
Bandit Angel

20173 Posts

Posted - 06/16/2012 :  07:52:54  Show Profile  Click to see Amy's MSN Messenger address Send Amy a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Well I honestly do not remember. But perhaps we can find a way around his "one shot". Can you tell how much he is hitting you for? Perhaps if you increase your moral just a bit, that might help. Can use your destiny point to buy more moral. Take some vitality food. Take some of that food that heals over time. See if there is a potion or food that can give you extra protection against his damage. I believe you also have a heal that heals over time, keep that on yourself.

The only other suggestion would be to take your mini out, and use warspeech to get accustomed to it, and try using it in there instead. You may find that is your best defense.

Maybe Shu or Din will see this and be able to help you, however both of them used warspeech alot as they leveled, I am too so we are probably not as helpful, considering that.

Otherwise GOOD LUCK!!

Many people will walk in and out of your life; only true friends will leave footprints in your heart.
Good friends are like stars...You don't always see them, but you know they are always there.

[Kinship]Syrdeth: Pelt Shelt. Got it.

Go to Top of Page

Shu
Bandit Noble

1124 Posts

Posted - 06/16/2012 :  08:42:20  Show Profile Send Shu a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Here is how i finished that one. Stand back out of the group and do more healing then damage. You have to do alot of clicking on the NPC's but it got the job done

Entershu

Member of Anarchy Online Bomb Disposal Team

Go to Top of Page

Pach
Bandit Dwagon

18375 Posts

Posted - 06/16/2012 :  13:11:59  Show Profile Send Pach a Private Message  Reply with Quote
... that's what I'm doing Shu. :(

Problem is, he stuns the whole group, and then runs over and whacks me (one shot, dead).

If I stand in with the lot of them, I sometimes take damage, but it's just a question of "did he crit me or not". If he doesn't crit me, I live. Crit, I die. :(

--Pach
Pacha, 65 hobbit burglar
(retired) WoW: Pach, level 80!! Night Elf Rogue (Pockaholic with dragon flying mount)
Go to Top of Page

Pach
Bandit Dwagon

18375 Posts

Posted - 06/16/2012 :  13:12:46  Show Profile Send Pach a Private Message  Reply with Quote
... I managed to get this quest... an additional food buff gave me enough vitality to finish it (although it was really close a few times...)

Thanks for the tips, all!

--Pach
Pacha, 65 hobbit burglar
Go to Top of Page
   Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Bandits Reborn © 2000 - 2008 Bandits Reborn Go To Top Of Page
Monitored By AzureWatch