Bandits Reborn
Bandits Reborn
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Bandits Reborn - Star Wars the Old Republic
 Star Wars-Tips-Tricks-Guides-FAQ's-etc
 Crew Skill: Slicing
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author  Topic Next Topic  

Jacks
Bandit Worker

485 Posts

Posted - 02/02/2012 :  00:26:57  Show Profile Send Jacks a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I just wanted to say that this skill rocks for getting credits. My practice has been to only run missions that are yellow (if available) for lockboxes which return credits. Overall you will make money. My guess is around 15% profit while you skill up. This does not count the multiple missions and schematics that you will acquire along the way. Several of these patterns are very lucrative and easily push its credit value higher.

In my case I have a Level 24 Jedi Knight with Slicing skill of 380 and approaching 100k credits (before selling anything) simply on lockboxes gathered, from missions and the normal level looting. I also have scavenging and bioanalysis. The materials from both are sent to other crafters.

Slicing really is a money making professions. maybe not as lucrative as some crafting professions in the long run but for steady positive income it is great.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
AC - Wixer, UA
WoW - Jacks, Priest
STO - Rysan, Tactical Officer
LOTRO - SteelAdder, Dwarf Guardian

Clest
Bandit Furniture Shredder

4820 Posts

Posted - 02/02/2012 :  08:31:47  Show Profile Send Clest a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Thanks for the head's up!

/KNIT

AMAT VICTORIA CURAM - Victory favors those who take pains

"Another furry purry to shred the furniture." - Pach
Go to Top of Page

Hotelyorba
Bandit Noble

1244 Posts

Posted - 02/02/2012 :  08:58:00  Show Profile Send Hotelyorba a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I think their plan for Slicing was to give folks who weren't as interested in crafting a way to make money via missions. The skill has been nerfed a couple of times from beta to now but as you say Jacks still has potential for making money (pre nerf folks were ending up with hundreds of thousands to millions of credits before even hitting 50).

Go to Top of Page

Oogluk
Bandit Princess

5348 Posts

Posted - 02/02/2012 :  10:22:44  Show Profile Send Oogluk a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Bla, Well, Cash is not a problem anyway :)

-------------

------------------------
"Save a RAID, Hug a Healer
Go to Top of Page

Jacks
Bandit Worker

485 Posts

Posted - 02/07/2012 :  16:15:00  Show Profile Send Jacks a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I hit skill 400 a few days back and kept running level 6 lockbox missions but was only breaking even. I dropped down to level 5 lockboxes and am making a lot more money since i regularly get medium instead of small lockboxes. I still get skill 340 missions so I am not losing out on that at the lower level.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
AC - Wixer, UA
WoW - Jacks, Priest
STO - Rysan, Tactical Officer
LOTRO - SteelAdder, Dwarf Guardian
Go to Top of Page
   Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Bandits Reborn © 2000 - 2008 Bandits Reborn Go To Top Of Page
Monitored By AzureWatch