Bandits Reborn
Bandits Reborn
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Bandits Reborn - Lord of the Rings Online
 LOTRO - Tips-Tricks-Guides-FAQ's
 War Steed
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author  Topic Next Topic  

Amy
Bandit Angel

20173 Posts

Posted - 10/24/2012 :  14:46:15  Show Profile  Click to see Amy's MSN Messenger address Send Amy a Private Message  Reply with Quote
So I went searching for some info on War Steed's today, and actually did not find what I was looking for but I did find this explanation of War Steeds to be very informative, so if you have an questions, this is a good place to start.

http://www.guildportal.com/Guild.aspx?GuildID=167066&TabID=1414838&ForumID=786907&TopicID=10245880&Msg=48843087

Now someone might know the answer to my question, so I am going to ask here and see.

There are 3 different types of War Steed, "Light, Medium and Heavy" and each do something different. I was given a "Medium" one when I got my War Steed, what if I wanted a "light" one, how would I get that?

Many people will walk in and out of your life; only true friends will leave footprints in your heart.
Good friends are like stars...You don't always see them, but you know they are always there.

[Kinship]Syrdeth: Pelt Shelt. Got it.

Jayd
Lady Bandit

3290 Posts

Posted - 10/24/2012 :  20:14:59  Show Profile Send Jayd a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Amy

Now someone might know the answer to my question, so I am going to ask here and see.

There are 3 different types of War Steed, "Light, Medium and Heavy" and each do something different. I was given a "Medium" one when I got my War Steed, what if I wanted a "light" one, how would I get that?

I think you go to the mount traits: Mounted Combat, traits tab. It seems you can specify 2 "traits" (types of mounts). I haven't actually messed with the traits panel yet. I've mainly been working on the mount's appearance. You know, the important stuff. lol

lotro
Go to Top of Page

Jayd
Lady Bandit

3290 Posts

Posted - 10/25/2012 :  07:46:45  Show Profile Send Jayd a Private Message  Reply with Quote
This morning, I went to "mount combat" (shift m), traits and selected "light". I had about 18 points to "spend" and I put them all into various "light" skills. I could have put them into medium or heavy but chose light because I don't really know what's best at this point. If I change my mind, I can have my points refunded and put them in medium or heavy.

I also have a light bridle.

I am sure Rhai and Smacx could fill us in a little better and I hope they check the boards. :-)

lotro

Edited by - Jayd on 10/25/2012 07:49:06
Go to Top of Page

Amy
Bandit Angel

20173 Posts

Posted - 10/25/2012 :  09:51:12  Show Profile  Click to see Amy's MSN Messenger address Send Amy a Private Message  Reply with Quote

Oh Jayd and something else I discovered!!! Tailors make bridles! I do not have patterns for them yet, but I will check today and see if I can find any on the tailor guild person : )

Many people will walk in and out of your life; only true friends will leave footprints in your heart.
Good friends are like stars...You don't always see them, but you know they are always there.

Go to Top of Page

Jayd
Lady Bandit

3290 Posts

Posted - 10/25/2012 :  10:27:48  Show Profile Send Jayd a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Amy

Oh Jayd and something else I discovered!!! Tailors make bridles! I do not have patterns for them yet, but I will check today and see if I can find any on the tailor guild person : )

I'll have to check that out!

lotro
Go to Top of Page

Amy
Bandit Angel

20173 Posts

Posted - 10/25/2012 :  17:12:58  Show Profile  Click to see Amy's MSN Messenger address Send Amy a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Geez Jayd I think we are having this conversation all by ourselves. We could have just kept emailing back and forth for all the input we are getting from others : )

Go to Top of Page

Jayd
Lady Bandit

3290 Posts

Posted - 10/25/2012 :  17:37:42  Show Profile Send Jayd a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Amy

Geez Jayd I think we are having this conversation all by ourselves. We could have just kept emailing back and forth for all the input we are getting from others : )

lotro
Go to Top of Page

Pach
Bandit Dwagon

18375 Posts

Posted - 10/25/2012 :  19:54:10  Show Profile Send Pach a Private Message  Reply with Quote
That's because I was out of town for work, and unable to access the forums. :)

Did you read all the text in the Mounted Tutorial? If not, you may still be able to go back and re-do it (that was a suggestion from the Beta that was implemented in later Betas--not sure if it made it live or not). There's a huge amount of info in the Tutorial, and it may be helpful to go back and read it all again, once you have your mount, and have played with it some. iirc, the various types are explained in the tutorial, but I'll summarize here:

Light mounts are not as strong (less armor/health), but are fast and agile. They can (because of their agility) *turn* *faster*, but are not as sturdy taking blows from the enemy (think: race horse)
Heavy mounts are strong and tough--but slower and less agile. They turn slower, but can withstand more blows (think: Budwieser Clydesdales)
Medium mounts are in the middle (think of them as 'standard')

Generally speaking, you want your mount type to be close to your character's armor type: a tank-type (heavy armor) will find more complimentary skills on a heavy warsteed, while minstrels and runekeepers (light armor) will likely favor light mounts, the better to rush in, strike fast and hard, and rush out.

My recommendation is to look over the benefits of the trees of each type of mount (light/medium/heavy), and see which you think would be a best fit for your playstyle on your steed. There should be a button to reset the points, too, if you want to try something different (much like your Traits you set at the Bards...)

Hope this helps!

--Pach
Pacha, 65 hobbit burglar
Apachalypse, 30-something dorf guardian
... and a whole bunch of other alts with "Pach" in them...
(retired) WoW: Pach, level 80!! Night Elf Rogue (Pockaholic with dragon flying mount)
"Life is good. Flight is better." -- me
Go to Top of Page

Amy
Bandit Angel

20173 Posts

Posted - 10/26/2012 :  00:22:19  Show Profile  Click to see Amy's MSN Messenger address Send Amy a Private Message  Reply with Quote
The tutorial text did make it to live Pach. But there are some things that are not there. Alot of what is there is contained in the link I posted. I know that Rhia has been giving Jayd some info, and since he and Smacx are in their 80's now, I thought maybe they might have some helpful input.

Also from what I am kinda understanding if you want a "Light Steed" you need a light bridle. I have yet to find one of those. Now I could be completely wrong as well. But that was some info I don't think I was able to locate. Just like, when I asked how to change from one type of mount to another. It would seem to me, that if your switching to a "Light Mount" you should be getting an entirely different mount, not just changing traits etc. But that is what seems logical to me.

And glad to have you back from your work week, so you can access the forums : ) we missed you : )

Go to Top of Page

Rhaiannon
Bandit Soldier

877 Posts

Posted - 10/26/2012 :  05:43:56  Show Profile Send Rhaiannon a Private Message  Reply with Quote
You don't need a "light" bridle to ride a light steed, it just augments that steed type as far as Im aware. You can ride without one. What determines light, medium, to heavy, is what trait line you give your mount. Once you go down one path, it locks the other two though until you reset your points. One thing I have noticed is that the bridles are locked to specific lines. For example, you CAN use a heavy bridle on a light steed, you just won't get some of the bonuses it gives that are locked to the heavy trait line.

Also, you get a second age bridle when you finish the epic quest, so you can finalize your choice there and play with various ones up to that point. For example I've used heavy, medium, and light. Heavy turns like a battleship but is able to take more damage, light is really agile and can turn on a dime (alright, quarter), but can't take too many hits overall. Medium is a balance of the two.

The general rule I've heard is ranged = light (RK, Hunter, minstrel), medium = melee range (champs, burgs), heavy = tanky types (Warden, Guardian, maybe Captain).

One thing that I would make mention of though for new riders:

Visit your class trainer at 75, they have skills there for your mount. Also, there are three lines for when you ride. Riddermark, Rohirrim, and red dawn. Red dawn in my case is fire line, riddermark is lightning, Rohirrim is healing. If your not doing the damage you want to be doing, flip between them to find what your wanting.

Hope that helps.
Go to Top of Page

Jayd
Lady Bandit

3290 Posts

Posted - 10/26/2012 :  06:22:52  Show Profile Send Jayd a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Oh wow, thanks for the Posts Pach and Rhai!
(My first thought was, what tutorial? But Amy answered that.)

My hunter's mount and bridle are "light" and I put max steed points into agility because I thought the combination of those things would help the mount not to be so unwieldy. Rhai seems to confirm that. (Keep checking AH for third age light bridles Amy).

So far, my class trainer only had one spell for me: "Break Free". However, before I trained the riding skill there were many mounted steed spells available (over 500 silver each). I didn't want to buy them until I trained the riding skill. Then when I was through training, I was automatically given all the spells and they no longer show up at the class trainer.

The only reason I can think that the spells would be for sale might have something to do with f2p players.

lotro
Go to Top of Page

Amy
Bandit Angel

20173 Posts

Posted - 10/26/2012 :  08:22:52  Show Profile  Click to see Amy's MSN Messenger address Send Amy a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Well that is very helpful Rhia, still does not make alot of sense, but if you say all I have to do is choose a trait line, to change what type Steed I have, I guess the majority is correct...just NOT logical.

I went to my trainer when I hit 77 I think it was and she/he did not have any "Mount Spells" for me. Only an improved one that was for my RK. I have an entire line of spells to use as well. So not sure how that happened.

Well I guess we should think about starting the "Epic line" then!! Oh well does not really matter, we will get it when we do : )

Thanks for the info Rhia, it was very helpful. Like I said not LOGICAL but helpful.

Go to Top of Page

Amy
Bandit Angel

20173 Posts

Posted - 10/26/2012 :  09:17:38  Show Profile  Click to see Amy's MSN Messenger address Send Amy a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Ok figured out how to get Relics for the bridle, finally.

1) Get them from a Warband Gift Box
2) Meld them in the melding tab on a Relic Master
3) Barter for them from your Crafting Guild Leader

Go to Top of Page

Pach
Bandit Dwagon

18375 Posts

Posted - 10/26/2012 :  09:21:40  Show Profile Send Pach a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Jayd, that's how the mount abilities worked in beta: once you completed the questline to get the mount, you automatically got the skills... so don't waste your money!

Amy, I think they were trying to make it easier to change mount types. Instead of buying a new mount, you re-spec as the 'type' you want.

--Pach
Pacha, 65 hobbit burglar
(retired) WoW: Pach, level 80!! Night Elf Rogue (Pockaholic with dragon flying mount)
Go to Top of Page

Jayd
Lady Bandit

3290 Posts

Posted - 10/26/2012 :  10:11:44  Show Profile Send Jayd a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Amy

Ok figured out how to get Relics for the bridle, finally.

1) Get them from a Warband Gift Box
2) Meld them in the melding tab on a Relic Master
3) Barter for them from your Crafting Guild Leader

I am not aware of any of this yet.

Edit: To meld a lvl 75 relic, you need 3 t4 relics and 193 shards. Just checked it out.

lotro

Edited by - Jayd on 10/26/2012 10:43:57
Go to Top of Page

Amy
Bandit Angel

20173 Posts

Posted - 10/26/2012 :  11:51:04  Show Profile  Click to see Amy's MSN Messenger address Send Amy a Private Message  Reply with Quote
HAHAHAHA so yesterday I sat there and combined ALL my relics!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I know I have enough shards, but I may not have even one t4 relic : (

well there is this, I can always get more : )

I will check with the crafting guild leader later today, when I log in and see what it takes for those : )

Go to Top of Page

Jayd
Lady Bandit

3290 Posts

Posted - 10/26/2012 :  16:12:46  Show Profile Send Jayd a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Amy

HAHAHAHA so yesterday I sat there and combined ALL my relics!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So did I! aaarghhh

lotro
Go to Top of Page

Rhaiannon
Bandit Soldier

877 Posts

Posted - 10/26/2012 :  18:28:49  Show Profile Send Rhaiannon a Private Message  Reply with Quote
OK, well if they are free then they are under your mount skills.

Makes me feel silly for buying them. when i was in the beta I never did get them like that and always had to buy them. Oh well.
Go to Top of Page

Amy
Bandit Angel

20173 Posts

Posted - 10/27/2012 :  03:49:40  Show Profile  Click to see Amy's MSN Messenger address Send Amy a Private Message  Reply with Quote
well actually right as you turn in the quest to the guy at the Mead Hall, after completeing the tutorial for riding, they appear in your bars.

Go to Top of Page

Jayd
Lady Bandit

3290 Posts

Posted - 10/27/2012 :  05:47:55  Show Profile Send Jayd a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Rhaiannon

Makes me feel silly for buying them. when i was in the beta I never did get them like that and always had to buy them. Oh well.

Don't feel bad, the chatter in game was "go see your trainer right away" as soon as RoR went live. I am sure many players bought the mounted skills. How would they know not to?

lotro
Go to Top of Page

Jayd
Lady Bandit

3290 Posts

Posted - 10/27/2012 :  07:10:29  Show Profile Send Jayd a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Thanks to Amy who told me how to change the color of my war steed's armor:

(Amy, where did you get the cool armor your mount was wearing? My set isn't complete yet.)

There are several color options that coime free with the mount, btw.

lotro

Edited by - Jayd on 10/27/2012 08:45:29
Go to Top of Page

Amy
Bandit Angel

20173 Posts

Posted - 10/27/2012 :  10:24:47  Show Profile  Click to see Amy's MSN Messenger address Send Amy a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Oh that was on my hunter. That is the hunter horse I purchased from the store. Not sure if hes available now or not.

Go to Top of Page

Jayd
Lady Bandit

3290 Posts

Posted - 10/27/2012 :  21:16:39  Show Profile Send Jayd a Private Message  Reply with Quote

Rhai's war steed.
Sorry it's so dark. It was amazingly cool looking in person.

lotro
Go to Top of Page

Amy
Bandit Angel

20173 Posts

Posted - 10/28/2012 :  00:28:03  Show Profile  Click to see Amy's MSN Messenger address Send Amy a Private Message  Reply with Quote
what armor does he have on his horse? I can't tell : (

Go to Top of Page

Jayd
Lady Bandit

3290 Posts

Posted - 10/28/2012 :  04:20:51  Show Profile Send Jayd a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Amy

what armor does he have on his horse? I can't tell : (

Steed of the Champion. It looks like buyers of the Legendary RoR received a number of sets of mount armor appearances?

lotro

Edited by - Jayd on 10/28/2012 04:35:26
Go to Top of Page

Rhaiannon
Bandit Soldier

877 Posts

Posted - 10/28/2012 :  08:19:21  Show Profile Send Rhaiannon a Private Message  Reply with Quote
The armor set is mostly steed of the champion with the dark horse color set and a black tint to the armor. Think i spent 1k turbine points on colors to get it to look ilke that.

Edited by - Rhaiannon on 10/28/2012 08:19:53
Go to Top of Page

Jayd
Lady Bandit

3290 Posts

Posted - 10/28/2012 :  09:14:11  Show Profile Send Jayd a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

The armor set is mostly steed of the champion with the dark horse color set and a black tint to the armor. Think i spent 1k turbine points on colors to get it to look ilke that.

I got the chestnut color pallet and there is virtually no difference in my mount's color. Aargh...a waste of T Points.

Btw, thanks for helping me speed up my mount Rhai! Faster than a stable mount for sure.

lotro
Go to Top of Page

Amy
Bandit Angel

20173 Posts

Posted - 10/28/2012 :  10:58:40  Show Profile  Click to see Amy's MSN Messenger address Send Amy a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Jayd, first I did not get any armor sets with the Legendary. If I did I have no idea where they might be. lol

Also, you might try changing the colors on your mount around. I thought Chestnut was a darker color than what they are. There should be a change, so try switching it around and see if there is any change at all in the dressing room. Don't forget to hit apply, other wise it won't stay.

Well I guess I need to get some TP's to dress mine better : ) well at least to change the color of my mount. I think I want white, if not that then black. Oh heck I am not sure, I like to change dresses everyday, and colors. Not sure I want to do that with the horse. But then again....

Go to Top of Page

Jayd
Lady Bandit

3290 Posts

Posted - 10/28/2012 :  12:09:34  Show Profile Send Jayd a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Amy

Jayd, first I did not get any armor sets with the Legendary. If I did I have no idea where they might be. lol

Maybe what I read was outdated but with the Legendary RoR it showed the war steed armor of all the classes. If I can find the link, I'll post it.

I am confused now about Rhai's champion armor. I guess he purchased it but I can't find it in the store.

lotro
Go to Top of Page

Rhaiannon
Bandit Soldier

877 Posts

Posted - 10/28/2012 :  17:07:53  Show Profile Send Rhaiannon a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Yea, i purchased the champion steed a while back. If you bought a store mount like that, you can put the gear on your warsteed.
Go to Top of Page

Jayd
Lady Bandit

3290 Posts

Posted - 10/28/2012 :  17:29:15  Show Profile Send Jayd a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

Yea, i purchased the champion steed a while back. If you bought a store mount like that, you can put the gear on your warsteed.

Well that explains it. Thanks.

lotro
Go to Top of Page

Amy
Bandit Angel

20173 Posts

Posted - 10/29/2012 :  00:54:44  Show Profile  Click to see Amy's MSN Messenger address Send Amy a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I expect they will start putting those mounts back in the store here shortly, now that folks are playing it, and getting an idea of what they can do costume wise with their mounts.

I sure wish there had been more options. Some of the festival costumes are so very cool, I would have loved to use one of those. Some of these that are available are rather boring...

Go to Top of Page

Jayd
Lady Bandit

3290 Posts

Posted - 10/29/2012 :  06:11:15  Show Profile Send Jayd a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I bought one of the bodies and now I have a golden palomino look. I have a specific tail I want to buy (just need a few more points). I really like the look now.

lotro
Go to Top of Page

Amy
Bandit Angel

20173 Posts

Posted - 10/29/2012 :  10:11:53  Show Profile  Click to see Amy's MSN Messenger address Send Amy a Private Message  Reply with Quote
and so where is a picture ???

Go to Top of Page

Jayd
Lady Bandit

3290 Posts

Posted - 10/29/2012 :  10:31:37  Show Profile Send Jayd a Private Message  Reply with Quote

I wish it wasn't always night time when I decide to take a photo. lol

lotro
Go to Top of Page

Amy
Bandit Angel

20173 Posts

Posted - 10/30/2012 :  01:07:48  Show Profile  Click to see Amy's MSN Messenger address Send Amy a Private Message  Reply with Quote

oh I love the look of your horse !!!

Go to Top of Page

Amy
Bandit Angel

20173 Posts

Posted - 11/04/2012 :  13:49:34  Show Profile  Click to see Amy's MSN Messenger address Send Amy a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Yesterday while chasing a Warband in my gift box I got the Spotted body for my War Steed. I was very excited.

I really like Jayd's body on her horse but she won't tell me which one she has

Go to Top of Page

Pach
Bandit Dwagon

18375 Posts

Posted - 11/04/2012 :  16:11:44  Show Profile Send Pach a Private Message  Reply with Quote
You got the spotted to show! What did you have to do to get it to show?

--Pach
Pacha, 65 hobbit burglar
Go to Top of Page

Jayd
Lady Bandit

3290 Posts

Posted - 11/04/2012 :  18:30:35  Show Profile Send Jayd a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Amy

Yesterday while chasing a Warband in my gift box I got the Spotted body for my War Steed. I was very excited.

I really like Jayd's body on her horse but she won't tell me which one she has

Nice! I never knew anything good came in those boxes!

I think I bought "Overo" from the store. You can try it on and see.

lotro
Go to Top of Page

Amy
Bandit Angel

20173 Posts

Posted - 11/04/2012 :  23:36:20  Show Profile  Click to see Amy's MSN Messenger address Send Amy a Private Message  Reply with Quote
OMG Pach you will never believe this, but.... unless you hit "apply" it does not work ROFL.

For some reason my wardrobe is not working, I do not see any changes will I try on the different bodies. I will give it a try again tomorrow, thanks Jayd.

And Jayd all kinds of good stuff come in those boxes. The piece you need to make your 2nd age weapons drop there too. Let me see if I can find the list real fast.

I found a better list than this one, I am still looking for it, but this tells you some of the good stuff available:

Gift Boxes
•The gift box granted will be dependent on what area the Warband is in.
•“These boxes contain crafting materials, incuding rare materials, housing items, potions, marks, medallions, jewelry, shards, relics (including mounted relics), 2nd age symbols, and exclusive War-steed appearances.”
•If you perform all the dailies in Rohan you can earn over 10 of these gift boxes per day.

Our Sunday groups are going to have so much fun with these warbands!!

Go to Top of Page

Jayd
Lady Bandit

3290 Posts

Posted - 11/05/2012 :  03:11:21  Show Profile Send Jayd a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Thanks for the info on the boxes Amy. I was killing norcroft warbands every single day (until yesterday when I didn't bother). I just got pennants and marks each time. I had no clue there was anything better. I love killing them! lol

lotro
Go to Top of Page
   Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Bandits Reborn © © 2000 - 2008 Bandits Reborn Go To Top Of Page
Monitored By AzureWatch