Bandits Reborn
Bandits Reborn
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Bandits Reborn - Global
 Rant Forum
 Winter won't die!
 New Topic New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author  Topic Next Topic  

Ease
Easy Bandit

2876 Posts

Posted - 03/27/2011 :  09:51:55  Show Profile Send Ease a Private Message  Reply with Quote
The birds are singing like newly hatched younglings.
The sun gives light past 7:30 in the evening.
Yet we've had snow on the ground for six months.
GIVE IT UP, OLD MAN WINTER!!! The rest of the world has moved on without you.

I once was a member
then an officer
promoted to guild leader
and then became a dad.

Oogluk
Bandit Princess

5348 Posts

Posted - 03/27/2011 :  11:02:46  Show Profile Send Oogluk a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Amen, brutha!

-------------

------------------------
"Save a RAID, Hug a Healer
Go to Top of Page

Trindra
Bandit Worker

331 Posts

Posted - 03/27/2011 :  13:41:24  Show Profile Send Trindra a Private Message  Reply with Quote
You tell him Ease
Go to Top of Page

Qatrina
Bandit Kitten

10648 Posts

Posted - 03/27/2011 :  13:47:43  Show Profile Send Qatrina a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Yeah! Tell old man winter to leave so I can drive thru Minnesota without incident. :)

LOTRO costars: Qatsmeow level 51 Elf Runekeeper Tinker, Qatastrophy level 56 Human Warden, Qitqat, Purrfyct, Qitty, Stalkeress, Qatrisma, Qitten, Grumpyqat

Syrdeth: If excuses were mooses, this would be Alaska.

Member of Pillow for Poco, Inc.

Go to Top of Page

Jayd
Lady Bandit

3290 Posts

Posted - 03/27/2011 :  14:04:43  Show Profile Send Jayd a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Six inches of new snow and it looks like Christmas out there.

lotro
Go to Top of Page

Shu
Bandit Noble

1124 Posts

Posted - 03/27/2011 :  15:50:40  Show Profile Send Shu a Private Message  Reply with Quote
just post the pic with the kid trying to punch the snowman and miss. That will say it all

Entershu

Member of Anarchy Online Bomb Disposal Team

Go to Top of Page

Clest
Bandit Furniture Shredder

4820 Posts

Posted - 03/27/2011 :  18:41:22  Show Profile Send Clest a Private Message  Reply with Quote
for real!

/KNIT

AMAT VICTORIA CURAM - Victory favors those who take pains

"Another furry purry to shred the furniture." - Pach
Go to Top of Page

Pach
Bandit Dwagon

18375 Posts

Posted - 03/28/2011 :  06:40:34  Show Profile Send Pach a Private Message  Reply with Quote
#1. You live in Minnesota. Move a bit further south.

#2. Global tilting. The seasons changed. Winter is coming later and hanging on longer.

--Pach
Pacha, 65 hobbit burglar
Apachalypse, 30-something dorf guardian
... and a whole bunch of other alts with "Pach" in them...
(retired) WoW: Pach, level 80!! Night Elf Rogue (Pockaholic with dragon flying mount)
"Life is good. Flight is better." -- me
Go to Top of Page

Jayd
Lady Bandit

3290 Posts

Posted - 03/28/2011 :  08:05:55  Show Profile Send Jayd a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Pach

#2. Global tilting. The seasons changed. Winter is coming later and hanging on longer.

Now, wait a minute, Pach.

I live a bit south of Minnesota and in this part of the country, winter has been coming sooner and lasting longer (Oct through March or April).

It's been a gradual change over the past 20 years though.

lotro
Go to Top of Page

Oogluk
Bandit Princess

5348 Posts

Posted - 03/28/2011 :  09:09:35  Show Profile Send Oogluk a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I gotta admit even over the past 5 it seems to start a bit earlier and go longer here in Syracuse too. Probably too short a sample though,

-------------

------------------------
Go to Top of Page

Amy
Bandit Angel

20173 Posts

Posted - 03/28/2011 :  10:35:52  Show Profile  Click to see Amy's MSN Messenger address Send Amy a Private Message  Reply with Quote

oh heck folks, come on out to AZ... we have having mid 80's this week. It is lovely this time of year, but you know how I feel about the summers....too darn HOT.

Many people will walk in and out of your life; only true friends will leave footprints in your heart.
Good friends are like stars...You don't always see them, but you know they are always there.

[Kinship]Syrdeth: Pelt Shelt. Got it.

Go to Top of Page

Oogluk
Bandit Princess

5348 Posts

Posted - 03/28/2011 :  12:50:00  Show Profile Send Oogluk a Private Message  Reply with Quote
*sigh* current temp....35deg.

Saying we might get up to a half inch of snow tonight, then possibly another half inch tomorrow.

Din

-------------

------------------------
Go to Top of Page

Oogluk
Bandit Princess

5348 Posts

Posted - 03/28/2011 :  13:03:43  Show Profile Send Oogluk a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Wee!

http://www.syracuse.com/kirst/index.ssf/2011/03/post_134.html

-------------

------------------------
Go to Top of Page

Otu
Bandit Noble

2105 Posts

Posted - 03/28/2011 :  13:32:18  Show Profile Send Otu a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Oogluk

Probably too short a sample though,

Yes.

It does feel like a sickeningly long winter here this year too.

Harithing
Bandit Noble

1145 Posts

Posted - 03/28/2011 :  14:54:06  Show Profile Send Harithing a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I'm still waiting for winter to start.

Go to Top of Page

Jayd
Lady Bandit

3290 Posts

Posted - 03/28/2011 :  15:11:36  Show Profile Send Jayd a Private Message  Reply with Quote
In another winter weather advisory. Visibility is so poor I can hardly see the road out front.

Spring and summer will be much appreciated.

lotro
Go to Top of Page

Clest

4820 Posts

Posted - 03/28/2011 :  20:50:13  Show Profile Send Clest a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I remember years where we wouldn't see snow on the ground here in MN (or it wouldn't stay long) until after Christmas. This year we've had snow on the ground since the first few days in November. Then several weeks ago we got teased with 45 degree weather only to get another storm with 6+ inches of snow :(

Tomorrow starts a streak of 40+ degree weather. Hoping it lasts!

/KNIT

Go to Top of Page

saege
Bandit Worker

452 Posts

Posted - 03/29/2011 :  14:35:21  Show Profile Send saege a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Send some to Texas please. The last time it snowed, Lyra (my 3 year old daughter) and I gather the clean stuff, added some raspberry Italian syrup with a sprig of mint and an icicle stir stick =)

It was YUM.
Go to Top of Page

Clest

4820 Posts

Posted - 03/29/2011 :  17:58:06  Show Profile Send Clest a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by saege

gather the clean stuff, added some raspberry Italian syrup with a sprig of mint and an icicle stir stick =)

Way to make lemonade!

/KNIT

Go to Top of Page

Qatrina
Bandit Kitten

10648 Posts

Posted - 04/01/2011 :  21:43:42  Show Profile Send Qatrina a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I am just glad the roads have been clear by the time I have driven to them. It was sunny today in both North Dakota and Minnesota but I have seen signs of snow on both sides of the road.

LOTRO costars: Qatsmeow level 51 Elf Runekeeper Tinker, Qatastrophy level 56 Human Warden, Qitqat, Purrfyct, Qitty, Stalkeress, Qatrisma, Qitten, Grumpyqat

Syrdeth: If excuses were mooses, this would be Alaska.

Member of Pillow for Poco, Inc.

Go to Top of Page

Amy
Bandit Angel

20173 Posts

Posted - 04/02/2011 :  08:37:28  Show Profile  Click to see Amy's MSN Messenger address Send Amy a Private Message  Reply with Quote

it hit 100 here yesterday !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

http://local.msn.com/weather.aspx?q=Phoenix-AZ&zip=85004

todays forecast, sigh....

Many people will walk in and out of your life; only true friends will leave footprints in your heart.
Good friends are like stars...You don't always see them, but you know they are always there.

Go to Top of Page

Pach
Bandit Dwagon

18375 Posts

Posted - 04/03/2011 :  07:42:14  Show Profile Send Pach a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Jayd

quote:
Originally posted by Pach

Now, wait a minute, Pach.

I live a bit south of Minnesota and in this part of the country, winter has been coming sooner and lasting longer (Oct through March or April).

It's been a gradual change over the past 20 years though.

Where I'm at, winter has been coming later, and leaving later over the last 20 years. We have "unseasonably warm" days in Novemeber and even early December, and winter lingers into March. This has also happened historically.

The Earth is basically a big gyro scrope. As it spins on it's axis, it "wobbles" a bit, so the exact angle of the centerline of the spin to the sun changes (think of a child's spinning top toy - the very "top" of it is never perfectly vertical, but moves, even a tiny bit). It also changes the position of the stars to the centerline, and changes where magnetic north is (the star we call the North Star wasn't always!)

Since it's our angle to the sun that determines the seasons, the seasons can 'shift' on the calendar with the earth's wobble. It just so happens we have wobbled/tilted in such a way that the seasons have shifted to later in the year. Instead of winter being "Novemeber to February", it's now more like "December to March".

It will also change where magnetic north is... and yes, there are documented changes in the magnetic poles to support this (ask any pilot about the changes in their charts).

This is an alternative theory to global warming as well. As the Earth tilts more towards the sun, the areas that have seasons will have deeper seasons (stronger winters, warmer summers). This will have many similar effects to the global warming theory, as areas that have summers/winters will have warmer summers and harsher/colder winters.

--Pach
Pacha, 65 hobbit burglar
(retired) WoW: Pach, level 80!! Night Elf Rogue (Pockaholic with dragon flying mount)
Go to Top of Page

Ease
Easy Bandit

2876 Posts

Posted - 04/03/2011 :  12:37:43  Show Profile Send Ease a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Tee hee, gyro scrope.

I once was a member
then an officer
promoted to guild leader
and then became a dad.
Go to Top of Page

Pach
Bandit Dwagon

18375 Posts

Posted - 04/04/2011 :  06:11:39  Show Profile Send Pach a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Never thought Old Man Winter could be so active, did you? :)

--Pach
Pacha, 65 hobbit burglar
Go to Top of Page

Amy
Bandit Angel

20173 Posts

Posted - 04/04/2011 :  07:13:44  Show Profile  Click to see Amy's MSN Messenger address Send Amy a Private Message  Reply with Quote

supposed to be a nice warm 82 here today.... nice breeze blowing outside now, and its a mild 70ish...beautiful morning.

Go to Top of Page

Glynia
Confused Bandit

4472 Posts

Posted - 04/04/2011 :  17:53:27  Show Profile Send Glynia a Private Message  Reply with Quote
driving home from the Grandparent's in IA yesterday, Mag and I stopped at the outlet mall in Story City and the temp was 75 degrees...two hours later just south of the cities it was 55 :( I tried to bring the nice weather back but it just didn't want to come.

[url=http://www.guildlaunch.com/features/star_wars_the_old_republic/sigs/][/url]
Go to Top of Page

Trindra
Bandit Worker

331 Posts

Posted - 04/04/2011 :  20:01:50  Show Profile Send Trindra a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I'm going to live with Amy.
Go to Top of Page

Ease
Easy Bandit

2876 Posts

Posted - 04/04/2011 :  21:27:21  Show Profile Send Ease a Private Message  Reply with Quote
But you'd never see a pillow again!

I once was a member
then an officer
promoted to guild leader
and then became a dad.
Go to Top of Page

Clest

4820 Posts

Posted - 04/04/2011 :  21:53:46  Show Profile Send Clest a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Glyn, you did bring nice weather back! It's going from 40s to 50s for the next week =)

/KNIT

Go to Top of Page

Amy
Bandit Angel

20173 Posts

Posted - 04/05/2011 :  08:14:06  Show Profile  Click to see Amy's MSN Messenger address Send Amy a Private Message  Reply with Quote

oh if Trindra were here I would let her have a pillow!!! Come on over Trin, I am sure we have an extra spot for ya!!

Expecting around 90 today, but lower temps tomorrow with a chance of rain showers, but still a nice 84 is expected.

Go to Top of Page

Amy
Bandit Angel

20173 Posts

Posted - 04/05/2011 :  08:15:12  Show Profile  Click to see Amy's MSN Messenger address Send Amy a Private Message  Reply with Quote

oh and Trindra we have an extra computer you can use even !!!

Go to Top of Page

Oogluk
Bandit Princess

5348 Posts

Posted - 04/05/2011 :  11:37:13  Show Profile Send Oogluk a Private Message  Reply with Quote
ugh, it snowed here....

-------------

------------------------
Go to Top of Page

Clest

4820 Posts

Posted - 04/15/2011 :  22:13:11  Show Profile Send Clest a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Tonight we have a wintery mix (rain and snow) and it's actually sticking!

/KNIT

Go to Top of Page

Harithing
Bandit Noble

1145 Posts

Posted - 04/17/2011 :  08:47:21  Show Profile Send Harithing a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I'm in maryland for business and this wet stuff keeps falling out of the sky. I dont know why any one would purposefully live like this. it feels like I'm wearing clothes that just came out of the washing machine.

Go to Top of Page

saege
Bandit Worker

452 Posts

Posted - 04/19/2011 :  11:15:42  Show Profile Send saege a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Ugh... it's hitting 97 here and it's not even May/June yet...
Go to Top of Page

Trindra
Bandit Worker

331 Posts

Posted - 04/20/2011 :  07:23:26  Show Profile Send Trindra a Private Message  Reply with Quote
They say April showers bring May flowers. However i think we had enough snow to provide the May flowers all they need. It's been raining on/off for 6 days now being only low to mid 40's.

HURRY UP SUMMER
Go to Top of Page

Clest

4820 Posts

Posted - 04/20/2011 :  09:44:36  Show Profile Send Clest a Private Message  Reply with Quote
And it's snowing again...

/KNIT

Go to Top of Page

Jayd
Lady Bandit

3290 Posts

Posted - 04/20/2011 :  11:42:49  Show Profile Send Jayd a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Clest

And it's snowing again...

That was our snow yesterday.

lotro
Go to Top of Page

Pach
Bandit Dwagon

18375 Posts

Posted - 04/20/2011 :  20:48:53  Show Profile Send Pach a Private Message  Reply with Quote
No snow here, but it's barely above freezing at night, and it's been raining. A cold rain. :( I've had to turn on the space heaters again. :(

It's supposed to get to more Spring-like temperatures this weekend/next week.

--Pach
Pacha, 65 hobbit burglar
Go to Top of Page
   Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Bandits Reborn © 2000 - 2008 Bandits Reborn Go To Top Of Page
Monitored By AzureWatch