Bandits Reborn
Bandits Reborn
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Obsolete Forums
 AC1: Off-topic general messages
 Sooo...
 Forum Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Sinical
Bandit Soldier

526 Posts

Posted - 11/05/2002 :  16:13:35  Show Profile Send Sinical a Private Message
How's everyone doing with their diets and excersise?

I noticed this thread hadn't been touched since August!!! Egads guys, did you all get lazy when I left? Heh..

Anyways, I've lost 60 pounds so far... Still hitting the gym, i've increased my reps and lowered my weight a bit to burn a little extra before Xmas... Cause I don't know about you all, but that is major eating time in our family... Cookies, cakes, candies, prime rib!

Anyways, thought I would check in with you all... Hope your doing well...

Happy Holidays to all you Bandits also.

Faile Bashere
Flaming Bandit

9272 Posts

Posted - 11/05/2002 :  16:21:00  Show Profile  Send Faile Bashere an AOL message  Send Faile Bashere an ICQ Message  Click to see Faile Bashere's MSN Messenger address  Send Faile Bashere a Yahoo! Message Send Faile Bashere a Private Message
WOW.. 60 pounds???? congrats!! Show us yer latest pic, I bet I'll be even more scared of ya

Faile Bashere - lvl 122 three school dagger with lockpick and crossbow
Queenslayer
Go to Top of Page

Sinical
Bandit Soldier

526 Posts

Posted - 11/05/2002 :  18:50:48  Show Profile Send Sinical a Private Message

Thanks Faile

I promise I won't come hack you up if I visit Chicago... Heh...

As for the pic, that is gonna have to wait till maybe after xmas... I didn't use my camera for awhile, and the batteries ate a whole in my digital camera...

60 isn't all that good, consider I was at 32 pounds in 3 months time... Got a little lazy in the months of August-Late September.. Summer time I didn't really "diet & excersise" in the true sense of the word, but instead I did alot of landscaping work. Which kept the pounds off..

But been back on track... Actually just got back from the gym to type this..

Hows your goings Faile? Still using your machine you bought?

Go to Top of Page

Axial
Bandit Soldier

616 Posts

Posted - 11/06/2002 :  16:46:32  Show Profile  Send Axial an AOL message Send Axial a Private Message
Grats Sinical. Do you seem to be getting in a rut now and it seems hard to lose more weight?

I know thats how it is going for me. I have lost a total of like 40-45 pounds, but I am stuck. I have officially hit the wall.

And these doughnuts and M&M's don't really seem to be helping the cause either...

- - - - - - -
B1u3 \/\/34531
Axial: Lvl 75 Extreme UA
bah, everyone knows ISP's are vulnerable to acid...
Go to Top of Page

Kiss
Bandit Worker

248 Posts

Posted - 11/08/2002 :  15:50:48  Show Profile Send Kiss a Private Message
I gave up on losig weight as I am much better at gaining it. I had lost about 10 pounds and then gained 20. However, it does not seem to be all fat this time. All of my lifts have gotten stronger. I am closing in on my 500 pound squat goal. I have been finishing my workouts by carrying a 150lb sand bag up and down a flight of stairs. That has had some unexpected results, such as my calves are growing for the first time in years.

I too am interested in how the bowflex is working for Faile. I need to get something for my wife since she won't workout at a gym. Not that she is too fat, she is too weak.

Ophidian Kiss - level 65 Dagger
Aleph Tau - Level 56 Crafter -
Mr Soul - level 37 Mana C/Life mage
Tzaddi - level 45 Axer
Cosmas Indicopluestes - level 20 Staff/Mule
Landstander - FF reroll
Go to Top of Page

Axial
Bandit Soldier

616 Posts

Posted - 11/13/2002 :  11:22:52  Show Profile  Send Axial an AOL message Send Axial a Private Message
Dang! 500lb squat! Congrats Kiss. If the Bandits ever get together and play football, I'll take you on my team. :)

Personally, I love my Bowflex. I have had it for several years but have seriously been using it for about a year and a half now. The mechanics of the BF is very different from using free weights. If you can bench press 300lbs with a typical bench/bar setup, don't think you can max out at this on the BF...because you can't.

Overall, I think it provides a quick overall body workout that would be excellent for you wife. Its excellent for power-lifters like you Kiss, but with the weights you lift, plan on getting extra rods. Unless you get additional rods, the standard BF only comes with 210 total lbs of resistance. I think it maxes out with around 400 lbs of resistance.

I am a big guy who played some college football, but I doubt I will ever need additional rods. I am 6'1, 215lb and can probably bench press around 275-300 with a typical bench/bar setup. But I only workout with around 180-185lbs on the BF bench press exercise (~10 reps). Squats is the only exercise that I max out the full 210lbs of resistance and I just do more reps to account for that.

Get it for your wife, but I think you'd love it, Kiss. While my routine is not pure power-lifting like yours, my strength gains have been impressive. My routine is full-body, 20-30 mins a day, 3 times per week (I only do one set of each exercise - 4 seconds up, 4 seconds down).

- - - - - - -
B1u3 \/\/34531
Axial: Lvl 77 Extreme UA
bah, everyone knows ISP's are vulnerable to acid...
Go to Top of Page

Kiss
Bandit Worker

248 Posts

Posted - 11/14/2002 :  13:46:25  Show Profile Send Kiss a Private Message
Thanks Axial, I forgot you had the bowflex too. Now, I just need to convince my wife we can afford it. That will not be easy since I keep threatening to quit my job and become a garbage man. I hate office politics!!!

Ophidian Kiss - level 68 Dagger
Aleph Tau - Level 59 Crafter -
Mr Soul - level 37 Mana C/Life mage
Tzaddi - level 49 Axer
Regnet - ?? UA reroll
Landstander - FF reroll
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 Forum Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Bandits Reborn © 2000 - 2008 Bandits Reborn Go To Top Of Page