Bandits Reborn
Bandits Reborn
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Obsolete Forums
 AC1: Off-topic general messages
 On call weaponsmith
 Forum Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Steelwind_Oo
Bandit Noble

1132 Posts

Posted - 10/07/2002 :  09:11:15  Show Profile  Send Steelwind_Oo an AOL message  Click to see Steelwind_Oo's MSN Messenger address  Send Steelwind_Oo a Yahoo! Message Send Steelwind_Oo a Private Message
OK I have gotten my Build Weapon skill up to 3 and it looks like it will be staying there for a while since skill points are short right about now, heh. Anyway, I am consistent with 200% ql and superior ammo for Is and IIs and am starting to look into what IIIs I want to analyze.

If anyone needs anything I will be glad to make it. Keep in mind the better ql the better the weapon. For example my missle launchers reload much faster and (using superiour missles) do like 33% more damage.

I generally charge a little bit more than it costs me to make it which still comes out around store bought but better quality. I will be glad to analyze and remanufacture anything you want just bring me a store bought one (can't be player made or unique) and realize it is not 100% guaranteed. I don't generally charge anything to analyze stuff since I end up with the ability to make the item but might if I am strapped for cash since it does cost to do it.

When I get home from work I will flesh out this list but here is what I know I have templates on...

II Sparta RAM launcher (missle)
II Sparta RAM missles
II Tada-O X1 launcher
II X1 missles
II Glaive laser (Progen laser with Sentinel buffs)
II Dagger (something) laser (Progen laser with Warrior buffs)
II Tada-O Fetching laser

Cobol
Bandit Soldier

617 Posts

Posted - 10/07/2002 :  11:02:17  Show Profile Send Cobol a Private Message
I can use a couple of good Jenquai tech II lasers

Cobol -> 4-school
Black Adder -> 3-school Staff
Bangalore -> Og
Atlantia -> Dagger 3-sch
Theopolis the Strong -> Sword Life-Item, with Missile!
Go to Top of Page

Steelwind_Oo
Bandit Noble

1132 Posts

Posted - 10/08/2002 :  08:56:26  Show Profile  Send Steelwind_Oo an AOL message  Click to see Steelwind_Oo's MSN Messenger address  Send Steelwind_Oo a Yahoo! Message Send Steelwind_Oo a Private Message
Ask and ye shall receive. I spent half the night doing supply runs and the other half analyzing/manufacturing with a smattering of field testing and a quick bit of leveling at the end so I could equip my 'engine from hell'. Here is a partial of my updated template list, with comments:

Missles:

II Sparta RAM Alpha
- good ds but Jen restricted

II More Good ML Type X1
- better ds VERY cheap ammo no restrictions

II Green Dragonfly M2
- lower ds, higher es bad de but has 2 deflects, Pro restricted

II White Dragonfly M2

III Green Dragonfly M2

III White Dragonfly M2
- fires 2 missles a round so uses MASSIVE amounts of ammo

Beams:

II Glaive
- Improves Gravity Link, Powerdown but shorter range and Jen restricted

II Hipparchus
- Better ds/es/de and longer range but Pro restricted

------
ds - damage per second
es - energy per second
de - energy per damage ratio

I am really enjoying figuring these out and breaking down the numbers. Expensive hobby though, lol.

My latest rig is:
III Green Dragonfly
III White Dragonfly
II Hipparchus

It has a real nice power profile I can actually fight for a decent amount of time before running outa power like I did with my old rig. The laser has a decent range and a quick refire so I can start at long range and by the time I get to them they have been rocked by a few rounds of my missles and go down pretty quick. Oh and the deflects are different for the White and Green Dragonflies so I end up with four damage type deflects (energy, EMP, explosion & IMP (forgot what it is,lol)).
Muahahaha

Oh and Cobol, the Hipparchus is a Jen weapon. I chose since it has the longest beam range, fast recharge and decent damage. My key items where range and energy profile though which rock.

Go to Top of Page

Cobol
Bandit Soldier

617 Posts

Posted - 10/08/2002 :  11:52:08  Show Profile Send Cobol a Private Message
I am using a Hipparchus now, and something else. I am pretty sure you may have a better one.

I will probably be ready for a missile upgrade as soon as I burn through the 2000 you made the other night...

Cobol -> 4-school
Bangalore -> Og
Atlantia -> Dagger 3-sch
Go to Top of Page

Steelwind_Oo
Bandit Noble

1132 Posts

Posted - 10/08/2002 :  12:10:52  Show Profile  Send Steelwind_Oo an AOL message  Click to see Steelwind_Oo's MSN Messenger address  Send Steelwind_Oo a Yahoo! Message Send Steelwind_Oo a Private Message
Your using the missles on Bor right? If so you will be still using the RAM or a Terran one as the Jenquai ones are restricted to ya. Eitherway when you hit missle 3 I will be glad to figure something out for ya.

As to the Hipparchus I made a 168% last night and would bet if I took the time a 200% wouldn't be too hard (was tired and short on cash, lol). The 168% added four points of damage though and since the refire on this thing is 4 seconds that adds a considerable amount of damage, lol. I really like it for the speed/range combo, if I get close I want something that stings them frequently to interrupt any specials they try to pull out on me, heh.

Go to Top of Page

Poque
Bandit Philosopher

2958 Posts

Posted - 10/08/2002 :  13:39:01  Show Profile Send Poque a Private Message
I'm using a 200% level 2 bobcat I bought from Hephaestus. It's pretty good, the plasma damage is nice as it keeps them distracted, and a crit does 12..12..12..12.. which is also cool. But really, I'm not sure if any particular weapon will make me very good at fighting. At CL7, I'm very afraid of anything CL6, and CL5s are still a tough fight!

I need to get a Solar Sail, level II or III. That's my mission for tonight.

Gensi.

Poque, war/life
Gensi, 20ish JE
Go to Top of Page

Poque
Bandit Philosopher

2958 Posts

Posted - 10/08/2002 :  14:35:11  Show Profile Send Poque a Private Message
Yay a guy has a L3 200% solar sail reserved for me, just running the routes to get the cash now :)

Poque.

Poque, war/life
Gensi, 20ish JE
Go to Top of Page

Steelwind_Oo
Bandit Noble

1132 Posts

Posted - 10/08/2002 :  14:40:50  Show Profile  Send Steelwind_Oo an AOL message  Click to see Steelwind_Oo's MSN Messenger address  Send Steelwind_Oo a Yahoo! Message Send Steelwind_Oo a Private Message
w00t!

What exactly is it and what does it do?

Go to Top of Page

Matrix Monkey
Bandit Monkey

2794 Posts

Posted - 10/08/2002 :  14:46:06  Show Profile  Click to see Matrix Monkey's MSN Messenger address Send Matrix Monkey a Private Message
I could use some lvl 2 beam weapons...or any lvl 2 jenquai weapons. Could use some lvl 3 tech devices to =]

------------------------
Lvl 65 Axer of SC
Matrix-Mage lvl 40 BM
real email: cslemmer@hereintown.net
Only when we are free to act as we see fit, can we be whole. --Isin Dule
Go to Top of Page

Poque
Bandit Philosopher

2958 Posts

Posted - 10/08/2002 :  14:49:09  Show Profile Send Poque a Private Message
It's a 0-signature engine, so you can get much closer to bad guys (while mining) before they notice you...

Gensi

Poque, war/life
Gensi, 20ish JE
Go to Top of Page

Steelwind_Oo
Bandit Noble

1132 Posts

Posted - 10/09/2002 :  08:22:09  Show Profile  Send Steelwind_Oo an AOL message  Click to see Steelwind_Oo's MSN Messenger address  Send Steelwind_Oo a Yahoo! Message Send Steelwind_Oo a Private Message
Oh that sounds awesome Poque. I know signature is important when sniffing around the nasties.

MM, I can't do devices with Vanda. Steelwind could do them but I imagine there is someone in the guild that can turn out better. As to the weapons though I could make a few Hipparchus for ya. Just gimme a shout ig and we can work something out.

Go to Top of Page

Cobol
Bandit Soldier

617 Posts

Posted - 10/10/2002 :  07:47:43  Show Profile Send Cobol a Private Message
Thanks for the 200% white dragon and bobcat beams Steel.. As soon as I do a couple more Fenris runs I will test them out. Amazing how fast you can burn through 100k in this game. Have you checked the prices on lg 6 and 7 stuff? It would take me days to get that amount. I roled a Terran trader for that eventuality - I even named the ship PH4T L3WT

Cobol -> 4-school
Bangalore -> Og
Atlantia -> Dagger 3-sch
Go to Top of Page

Steelwind_Oo
Bandit Noble

1132 Posts

Posted - 10/10/2002 :  08:32:48  Show Profile  Send Steelwind_Oo an AOL message  Click to see Steelwind_Oo's MSN Messenger address  Send Steelwind_Oo a Yahoo! Message Send Steelwind_Oo a Private Message
Yeah they get expensive. I can make weapons for less than they cost generally (not counting analysis), I wonder what kind of difference it will make at the higher levels.

Glad you like the new ones hope they kick much ass for ya. With Build Weapons up to IV now I can crank out the IIs in my sleep and IIIs don't take too much work. Here are some more templates I have collected:

II Bobcat Laser (Plasma)
- pretty middle of the road but a decent gun with no restrictions

II White Dragon Laser
- very simillar to Hipparchus but faster refire and lower damage, ds is comparable though

III Spitting Bobcat Laser (Plasma)
- not enough weapons analyzed to compare but damage is better than IIs and MUCH more efficient powerwise

III White Dragon Laser
- brutal damage way better than the Bobcat but not sure how Plasma works

III White Kerin EMP Laser (EMP)
- same exact profile as the White Dragon but with EMP damage instead of energy

III Yellow Dragonfly M3 Launcher and ammo
- haven't prototyped it yet since it has an exotic part in it, have it analyzed though

Hmm that is all I show in my spreadsheet but I think I missed some. Anyway, as Cobol found last night, I am more than happy to do analysis and prototype a new weapon but don't always pull it off on the first shot, hehe.

Go to Top of Page

Steelwind_Oo
Bandit Noble

1132 Posts

Posted - 10/10/2002 :  09:09:43  Show Profile  Send Steelwind_Oo an AOL message  Click to see Steelwind_Oo's MSN Messenger address  Send Steelwind_Oo a Yahoo! Message Send Steelwind_Oo a Private Message
OK one export to html later and a quick jot in and we have something everyone can look at to get a better idea of what I am talking about. It ain't pretty but it works...

http://www.omnikrys.com/enb/crafts/

Go to Top of Page

Poque
Bandit Philosopher

2958 Posts

Posted - 10/10/2002 :  09:27:06  Show Profile Send Poque a Private Message
Well, I know plasma works well on shields and only does 1/3 damage on hulls. It also does damage over time, where usually (with my 200% bobcat II) it looks like this:

zap 5..5..1..5..5..
and a crit is
zap 12..12..7..12..12..

I'm not sure how or why that's useful, but it does keep them from activate hacks and hull repairs.

Gensi.

Poque, war/life
Gensi, 30ish JE
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 Forum Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Bandits Reborn © 2000 - 2008 Bandits Reborn Go To Top Of Page
Monitored By AzureWatch