Bandits Reborn
Bandits Reborn
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Obsolete Forums
 AC1: Off-topic general messages
 Earth and Beyond.
 Forum Locked
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

Ser_Ilyne_Payne
Bandit Soldier

931 Posts

Posted - 09/24/2002 :  09:47:55  Show Profile  Click to see Ser_Ilyne_Payne's MSN Messenger address  Send Ser_Ilyne_Payne a Yahoo! Message Send Ser_Ilyne_Payne a Private Message
Can you say space sim MMORPG?

http://westwood.ea.com/

Oh, and it has an offline character builder that will allow you to PRE-BUILD your char and ship B4 you even get the full retail version.

ftp://ftp.westwood.com/pub/earthandbeyond/previews/demo/CharacterStarshipCreator.exe

Can you say OMG?

=========================
Radio Shack
You've got questions.
We've got blank stares.

Ser_Ilyne_Payne
Bandit Soldier

931 Posts

Posted - 09/24/2002 :  09:50:05  Show Profile  Click to see Ser_Ilyne_Payne's MSN Messenger address  Send Ser_Ilyne_Payne a Yahoo! Message Send Ser_Ilyne_Payne a Private Message
Oh, two more words:

Random Mission Generator.

Radio Shack
You've got questions.
We've got blank stares.
Go to Top of Page

Griffter
Bandit Gimpmaster

488 Posts

Posted - 09/24/2002 :  13:12:05  Show Profile Send Griffter a Private Message
And am I mistaken, or did it just come out today?

Griffter

Gimpmaster Supreme:)
92nd level Swordswinger
Go to Top of Page

Ser_Ilyne_Payne
Bandit Soldier

931 Posts

Posted - 09/24/2002 :  13:20:36  Show Profile  Click to see Ser_Ilyne_Payne's MSN Messenger address  Send Ser_Ilyne_Payne a Yahoo! Message Send Ser_Ilyne_Payne a Private Message
Indeed it did....*DROOL*

So EB should have it tomorrow.

w00t!

Radio Shack
You've got questions.
We've got blank stares.
Go to Top of Page

Steelwind_Oo
Bandit Noble

1132 Posts

Posted - 09/24/2002 :  13:40:32  Show Profile  Send Steelwind_Oo an AOL message  Click to see Steelwind_Oo's MSN Messenger address  Send Steelwind_Oo a Yahoo! Message Send Steelwind_Oo a Private Message
Cobol, was talking about this one.

If it can combine space combat sim, trade and ship/pilot upgradability similar to the Privateer and Elite games with a decent multiplayer aspect (give missions, bounties, barter, combat, etc) and host it in a stable/playable environment I would play it. The only other aspect of it that would clench it for me is how they handle PvP.

I will probably pick it up, if nothing else but to check it out. I love space sims and haven't had a good adrenaline rush since IW2.

Go to Top of Page

Matrix Monkey
Bandit Monkey

2794 Posts

Posted - 09/24/2002 :  14:14:17  Show Profile  Click to see Matrix Monkey's MSN Messenger address Send Matrix Monkey a Private Message
I didn't think I'd like it, but that character builder was very nice, so ill give it a try.

http://www.geocities.com/matrix_monkey77/eab.html

------------------------
Lvl 65 Axer of SC
Matrix-Mage lvl 40 BM
real email: cslemmer@hereintown.net
Only when we are free to act as we see fit, can we be whole. --Isin Dule
Go to Top of Page

Matrix Monkey
Bandit Monkey

2794 Posts

Posted - 09/24/2002 :  14:57:58  Show Profile  Click to see Matrix Monkey's MSN Messenger address Send Matrix Monkey a Private Message
Is the game worth the 45 bucks Steel? If it is i'll buy it this weekend.

------------------------
Lvl 65 Axer of SC
Matrix-Mage lvl 40 BM
Go to Top of Page

Ser_Ilyne_Payne
Bandit Soldier

931 Posts

Posted - 09/24/2002 :  17:47:09  Show Profile  Click to see Ser_Ilyne_Payne's MSN Messenger address  Send Ser_Ilyne_Payne a Yahoo! Message Send Ser_Ilyne_Payne a Private Message
My copy will be at EB tomorrow. w00t!

Radio Shack
You've got questions.
We've got blank stares.
Go to Top of Page

Matrix Monkey
Bandit Monkey

2794 Posts

Posted - 09/24/2002 :  18:23:07  Show Profile  Click to see Matrix Monkey's MSN Messenger address Send Matrix Monkey a Private Message
I've heard good and bad feedback from this game. Is it worth the money, can i get the pros/cons please?

Char 2: http://www.geocities.com/matrix_monkey77/eab2
------------------------
Lvl 65 Axer of SC
Matrix-Mage lvl 40 BM

Edited by - Matrix Monkey on 09/24/2002 18:48:23
Go to Top of Page

Ser_Ilyne_Payne
Bandit Soldier

931 Posts

Posted - 09/24/2002 :  19:04:53  Show Profile  Click to see Ser_Ilyne_Payne's MSN Messenger address  Send Ser_Ilyne_Payne a Yahoo! Message Send Ser_Ilyne_Payne a Private Message
I'll give you some pros and cons after I play it ;).

I haven't found any reviews for it as yet.

I'll let you know tomorrow.

Radio Shack
You've got questions.
We've got blank stares.
Go to Top of Page

Steelwind_Oo
Bandit Noble

1132 Posts

Posted - 09/24/2002 :  19:44:57  Show Profile  Send Steelwind_Oo an AOL message  Click to see Steelwind_Oo's MSN Messenger address  Send Steelwind_Oo a Yahoo! Message Send Steelwind_Oo a Private Message
Oh MM I said I was probably getting it.
Not that I had played it.
That sentence was one long 'if', hehe.

I will probably be getting it though not sure if it will be this weekend.

Go to Top of Page

Matrix Monkey
Bandit Monkey

2794 Posts

Posted - 09/24/2002 :  20:28:45  Show Profile  Click to see Matrix Monkey's MSN Messenger address Send Matrix Monkey a Private Message
Oh, well, im gonna tr y to find some reviews. Whatcha guys think of my chars? I like making them.

------------------------
Lvl 65 Axer of SC
Matrix-Mage lvl 40 BM
Go to Top of Page

Londa
Bandit Worker

154 Posts

Posted - 09/25/2002 :  06:44:09  Show Profile Send Londa a Private Message
I see I'm gonna have to redesign my ship so that it doesn't look EXACTLY like MM's 1st characte's ship--same colors and everything . Did you hack my computer or somethin'? hehe.

Go to Top of Page

Matrix Monkey
Bandit Monkey

2794 Posts

Posted - 09/25/2002 :  10:05:59  Show Profile  Click to see Matrix Monkey's MSN Messenger address Send Matrix Monkey a Private Message
Lol nope. I have The Scorpian [red one], and The Fist [blue one], the fist decals arent very good looking on my ship, I hope they add new ones, or let your import decals.

------------------------
Lvl 65 Axer of SC
Matrix-Mage lvl 40 BM
Go to Top of Page

Cobol
Bandit Soldier

617 Posts

Posted - 09/25/2002 :  10:57:08  Show Profile Send Cobol a Private Message
I have seen some comments on the vault boards, some negative but more positive. I am going to get this one and steal Fug's ship name from TW2000.

Cobol -> 4-school
Black Adder -> 3-school Staff
Bangalore -> Og
Atlantia -> Dagger 3-sch
Theopolis the Strong -> Sword Life-Item, with Missile!
Go to Top of Page

Cobol
Bandit Soldier

617 Posts

Posted - 09/25/2002 :  12:39:37  Show Profile Send Cobol a Private Message
Well, I went to EB on my lunch break and bought the game and official guide book. I will r0xx0r u n00bz !!

See yas in there; does anyone have a ship name yet?

Cobol -> 4-school
Bangalore -> Og
Atlantia -> Dagger 3-sch
Go to Top of Page

Matrix Monkey
Bandit Monkey

2794 Posts

Posted - 09/25/2002 :  12:52:24  Show Profile  Click to see Matrix Monkey's MSN Messenger address Send Matrix Monkey a Private Message
Told ya mine...But I wont get the game till friday, and will be unable to play it till Sunday night.

------------------------
Lvl 65 Axer of SC
Matrix-Mage lvl 40 BM
Go to Top of Page

Ser_Ilyne_Payne
Bandit Soldier

931 Posts

Posted - 09/25/2002 :  16:03:02  Show Profile  Click to see Ser_Ilyne_Payne's MSN Messenger address  Send Ser_Ilyne_Payne a Yahoo! Message Send Ser_Ilyne_Payne a Private Message
My ship name is Captain Canuck....server name is Pegasus. (It had the least number of people on it)

Cobol, is the guide worth it?

Radio Shack
You've got questions.
We've got blank stares.

Edited by - ser_ilyne_payne on 09/25/2002 16:07:24
Go to Top of Page

Cobol
Bandit Soldier

617 Posts

Posted - 09/25/2002 :  20:25:12  Show Profile Send Cobol a Private Message
The guide is 300 pages long, most of which is full stats on every item in the entire game. They even have all the vendors and their prices. There is some stuff on skills and character attributes. I Haven't used it yet; I am still trying to figure out how to drive the damn ship!

I think the game goes by character names, not ship names. Character name is Learjet. Ship name is Festering_Pustule. Pegasus.

Cobol -> 4-school
Bangalore -> Og
Atlantia -> Dagger 3-sch
Go to Top of Page

Matrix Monkey
Bandit Monkey

2794 Posts

Posted - 09/25/2002 :  21:25:33  Show Profile  Click to see Matrix Monkey's MSN Messenger address Send Matrix Monkey a Private Message
Finished my last 3 chars.

The Sentinel:

http://www.geocities.com/matrix_monkey77/eab3.html

The Falcon:

http://www.geocities.com/matrix_monkey77/eab4.html

The Raven:

http://www.geocities.com/matrix_monkey77/eab5.html

=]

------------------------
Lvl 65 Axer of SC
Matrix-Mage lvl 40 BM
Go to Top of Page

Steelwind_Oo
Bandit Noble

1132 Posts

Posted - 09/26/2002 :  08:14:34  Show Profile  Send Steelwind_Oo an AOL message  Click to see Steelwind_Oo's MSN Messenger address  Send Steelwind_Oo a Yahoo! Message Send Steelwind_Oo a Private Message
Hey Cobol you forgot about Ravenloft last night. Was a blast though the DM got disco'd during the final battle so we squashed Strahd pretty quick, hehe.

I may get E&B this weekend but wanted to know something first. Is this a flight sim or an action game? What I mean is is there actually (at least basic) physics, tactics and realism in the flight part or is it an arcade shooter when you get in the ship? You know what I mean since you have played IW2 though I am sure it isn't near that realistic. Anywho, lemme know and I may get it this weekend.

Go to Top of Page

Cobol
Bandit Soldier

617 Posts

Posted - 09/26/2002 :  08:33:38  Show Profile Send Cobol a Private Message
I did not know that Ravenloft was going on last night, or I would have shown up. Too bad, I was enjoying that too. Oh well, next time. Let me know when you plan to be in anpther one of those.

Well, I have started about 4 or 5 Jenquai Explorers on different servers and did some of the newb missions.

This is neither a flight sim or an action game. It is nowhere near IW2 in the flight/combat department. There is no joystick support. Weapons auto-target so all you have to do is select the enemy and fire when in range. You still have to watch your shields, hull etc. All I have is a stupid short-range beam weapon, and the explorer class is not really made for combat anyway. The most you can do is steer your ship and fire weapons; the flight model is pretty simple. You can't do loops either; you can only go so far up or down. I am still getting used to this. Maybe tactics are different in the higher-level wearrior classes; I'll get to that later.

After playing for one night, I am having fun with this. I have yet to explore outside my starting system (Jupiter-Io) but the game has a lot of potential, especially in the story line. It will be interesting when the aliens who built the ancient star gate return. The graphics aren't too bad either. Unfortunately, you can have only 5 characters total, not 5 per server. The servers I have seen have about 800 people each.

Let me know if you decide to try it. I just started Zul on the Pegasus server and have to do the newb missions again :/

Cobol -> 4-school
Bangalore -> Og
Atlantia -> Dagger 3-sch
Go to Top of Page

Steelwind_Oo
Bandit Noble

1132 Posts

Posted - 09/27/2002 :  08:08:23  Show Profile  Send Steelwind_Oo an AOL message  Click to see Steelwind_Oo's MSN Messenger address  Send Steelwind_Oo a Yahoo! Message Send Steelwind_Oo a Private Message
A few more things before I decide if I want to burn the cash on it.

Sounds like flight is REALLY limited but is there still some control in it or is it by the numbers (his ship is level 10 yours is 9 so you are dead)? The thing I like about most flight sims is a better pilot can out fly a better ship...

Also, is there anything else to it I imagine you hafta dock somewhere, and/or land, do you actually get out of the ship and wander around, hit the bar, mingle, etc or is it some warehouse/shipyard interface? I think 24/7 in a nonrealistic ship would drive me nuts, lol...

Yeah I know I will get more surfing the net but first hand is best and we seem to enjoy the same flavor/pace games so a good review would help. I'll probably pick it up this afternoon and check it out this weekend.

Go to Top of Page

Cobol
Bandit Soldier

617 Posts

Posted - 09/27/2002 :  09:30:29  Show Profile Send Cobol a Private Message
Bear in mind that I have only played for two days.

I don't think there is any pvp YET, and the only things I have seen to fight out there are battle drones and 'monsters' floating around in space. You can maneuver the ship in combat, but I think the deciding factor in most battles will be the level of equipment you have on board. Ships do not have levels, but players and monsters do. It is obvious that the primary design of this game is not a flight sim. It is more af a space/universe sim.

There are star bases you can dock at to trade with npc's. When you dock you become an AC-like toon and you can walk around the station and see other toons. I haven't tried landing on a planet yet.

Soloing is doable, but there are advantages in grouping - xp bonuses and ship performance enhancements.

To answer Faile's ig question about guilds...

According to the guide, guilds exist as a social structure much like those in AC except there is no xp passup. There is a ranking system which, I believe, is controlled by the guild leader who can assign guild members ranks within the guild. Guilds also facilitate players who are looking for people of similar levels to group with for hunting, mining etc. There is also server-wide ranking sysyem based on total guild XP. Your guild can accumulate guild xp points for some future use that the devs have not yet determined. I wouldn't be surprised if guilds could eventually buy their own star bases, like a mansion in AC.

So far, I am really liking it.

edit: spelling

Cobol -> 4-school
Bangalore -> Og
Atlantia -> Dagger 3-sch

Edited by - Cobol on 09/27/2002 09:42:52

Edited by - Cobol on 09/27/2002 09:44:27
Go to Top of Page

Faile Bashere
Flaming Bandit

9272 Posts

Posted - 09/27/2002 :  09:34:29  Show Profile  Send Faile Bashere an AOL message  Send Faile Bashere an ICQ Message  Click to see Faile Bashere's MSN Messenger address  Send Faile Bashere a Yahoo! Message Send Faile Bashere a Private Message
hmmm.. *ponders*

Faile Bashere - lvl 120 three school dagger with lockpick and crossbow
Go to Top of Page

Steelwind_Oo
Bandit Noble

1132 Posts

Posted - 09/27/2002 :  09:39:31  Show Profile  Send Steelwind_Oo an AOL message  Click to see Steelwind_Oo's MSN Messenger address  Send Steelwind_Oo a Yahoo! Message Send Steelwind_Oo a Private Message
Did some poking around on the web, looked at the teaser, screen shots, etc. I will prolly pick it up when I am running errands this afternoon then check it out. I will post then so we can hook up.

Seems limited in the flight sim arena but the other aspects are intersting (mining, trading, exploration) so it might be worth it to check out. For me probably a human/explorer or the reverse a jenqwhatsit/trader though I am sure a warrior would be best to get a feel for it.

Anywho, catch ya later.

Go to Top of Page

Frimbul
Bandit Worker

319 Posts

Posted - 09/27/2002 :  10:32:56  Show Profile Send Frimbul a Private Message
I would be interested in a good space sim too, though I'm unsure if this one is for me based on the flight control system as described. I played most if not all of the older Star Wars sims (TIE fighter, Xwing vs Tie, Rogue Squadron, X-wing Alliance). I particularly liked Freespace and Freespace 2 for the ship management and different weapons systems as well as a good story line.

All of these allowed full control over ship flight (ok, except Rogue Squadron which was a bit more arcade-style) and a good pilot could trash a poor pilot who was well-equipped. I particularly like long campaign-type series of missions like TIE fighter (main problem with the Freespace games is that they are linear and too short), though I also enjoy the ability to run random missions by choice.

I have not tried the new Jedi Starfighter or whatever it is called yet so I have no clue about that one. I heard about Independence War from you guys and thought it sounded interesting, but when I went to buy it I found that it does not run under XP and my older Win95 computer has died.

So I am interested in how this game turns out -- keep us posted as you continue to play.

Go to Top of Page

Steelwind_Oo
Bandit Noble

1132 Posts

Posted - 09/27/2002 :  14:18:08  Show Profile  Send Steelwind_Oo an AOL message  Click to see Steelwind_Oo's MSN Messenger address  Send Steelwind_Oo a Yahoo! Message Send Steelwind_Oo a Private Message
SOP for Fridays is to bail early well I changed that to bail REALLY early today, lol. I am patching up now while I eat lunch. I figure what the hell it's just 60 bucks with the strat guide and with my attention span I need all the help I can get .

Will drop on the server you guys seem to be using (Pegasus) and doodle around some.

Go to Top of Page

Matrix Monkey
Bandit Monkey

2794 Posts

Posted - 09/27/2002 :  14:46:44  Show Profile  Click to see Matrix Monkey's MSN Messenger address Send Matrix Monkey a Private Message
Sunday Sunday Sunday!

Is when i get to play...

------------------------
Lvl 65 Axer of SC
Matrix-Mage lvl 40 BM
Go to Top of Page

Steelwind_Oo
Bandit Noble

1132 Posts

Posted - 09/27/2002 :  19:27:35  Show Profile  Send Steelwind_Oo an AOL message  Click to see Steelwind_Oo's MSN Messenger address  Send Steelwind_Oo a Yahoo! Message Send Steelwind_Oo a Private Message
Interesting so far. Combat is kinda limited in a flight sim sort of way but makes sense in a rpgish sort of way I guess. Interface bugs me but I am getting used to it.

I see the game itself has potential though.

The three area leveling system (combat/trade/explore) is great since it allows diverse leveling and character building while still in a class based game.

The skill sets trading and guild options should make the game very group friendly and when you add an almost EQish groupings/skill combo system (no EQ is not a bad word) should make for a fun game as long as the ability to solo is still there.

Course this is all speculation based on a short afternoon of play, I like it so far though.

char: Steelwind
ship: Valkyrian
race: Progen Sentinel (warrior explorer)
galaxy: Pegasus

My one friggin irritation is the Mars system (home of Progen race and where you do your start quests) has merchants that sell pretty much exclusively Jenquai (different race) restricted equipment. Pft, I gots money, I gots skill, I gots nothing to buy I can use ...

Go to Top of Page

Steelwind_Oo
Bandit Noble

1132 Posts

Posted - 09/28/2002 :  09:52:14  Show Profile  Send Steelwind_Oo an AOL message  Click to see Steelwind_Oo's MSN Messenger address  Send Steelwind_Oo a Yahoo! Message Send Steelwind_Oo a Private Message
Wow haven't had a game hold me this attentive in a long time. Played till 3a last night and started back up 'bout an hour ago, lol.

Cobol and I hooked up last night and both made new chars to play. So my second char info is listed below. It is one of the harder ones to play and is basically a noncombatant though it gets a lot of cool travel stuff like cloaks, teleport, jumpstart and shields which makes us good for grouping (I would guess) and we are the only ones who can craft ship engines, hehe. Real beotch to play though so I will probably be switching between it and Steelwind...

char: Avanteal
ship: Venturia
race: Jenquai Explorer (pure explorer/scout)
shard: Pegasus

Go to Top of Page

Ser_Ilyne_Payne
Bandit Soldier

931 Posts

Posted - 09/28/2002 :  12:15:13  Show Profile  Click to see Ser_Ilyne_Payne's MSN Messenger address  Send Ser_Ilyne_Payne a Yahoo! Message Send Ser_Ilyne_Payne a Private Message
My first and only char so far is my level 14 (close to 15) explorer. Lots of fun and fold space is wicked :).

Radio Shack
You've got questions.
We've got blank stares.
Go to Top of Page

Cobol
Bandit Soldier

617 Posts

Posted - 09/28/2002 :  14:23:33  Show Profile Send Cobol a Private Message
New JW made last night - named Minos also on Pegasus

I have been in chat today with Payne and Steel.. Took a break for lunch and I am ready to hit the asteroids again. W00t fun

Cobol -> 4-school
Bangalore -> Og
Atlantia -> Dagger 3-sch
Go to Top of Page

Faile Bashere
Flaming Bandit

9272 Posts

Posted - 09/28/2002 :  15:20:12  Show Profile  Send Faile Bashere an AOL message  Send Faile Bashere an ICQ Message  Click to see Faile Bashere's MSN Messenger address  Send Faile Bashere a Yahoo! Message Send Faile Bashere a Private Message
how are the people? the social aspect of the game?

still curious about guild infrastructure..

scared shitless to buy another MMORPG

Go to Top of Page

Steelwind_Oo
Bandit Noble

1132 Posts

Posted - 09/28/2002 :  15:24:53  Show Profile  Send Steelwind_Oo an AOL message  Click to see Steelwind_Oo's MSN Messenger address  Send Steelwind_Oo a Yahoo! Message Send Steelwind_Oo a Private Message
Actually social aspect is put together much like EQ also which kicks the shit out of anything AC ever had. It is channel based each of which can be turned off/on (IE: market, ooc, race specific, class specific, local, group, guild, etc) including private channels which can be passworded.

People wise pretty laid back, nice people so far, good grouping structure, etc. Hell the three of us are in a private channel on opposite sides of the galaxy chatting while we go about our business.

Go to Top of Page

Cobol
Bandit Soldier

617 Posts

Posted - 09/28/2002 :  19:13:56  Show Profile Send Cobol a Private Message
Long warp times (several minutes) may get old after a while, but they do provide time for chatting. This game is not really for powerlevelers. I imagine you can if you want to, but how can you impress anyone if you are the only one who can see your stats?

Cobol -> 4-school
Bangalore -> Og
Atlantia -> Dagger 3-sch
Go to Top of Page

Steelwind_Oo
Bandit Noble

1132 Posts

Posted - 09/28/2002 :  19:16:02  Show Profile  Send Steelwind_Oo an AOL message  Click to see Steelwind_Oo's MSN Messenger address  Send Steelwind_Oo a Yahoo! Message Send Steelwind_Oo a Private Message
Well warp times are OK if you have a group of players (IE guild or private channel) also it means never squirming in you seat cause you gotta take a leak, lol. I am sprinting from one end of one sector to the far end of another and had time to go leak, wash up a bit, freshen drink, grab a snack, etc.

EDIT: Heh, didn't finish my thought.

Yeah, it is long as hell no doubt about it and it does wear on the nerves a bit but bigger engines go faster so it will improve and there are other ways to travel so you have options. Besides I liked when you couldn't get everywhere in AC in two portals and ten seconds of running, it made the world much bigger *shrug*.

Edited by - Steelwind_Oo on 09/28/2002 19:19:21
Go to Top of Page

Rippley
Bandit Worker

116 Posts

Posted - 09/29/2002 :  12:10:01  Show Profile Send Rippley a Private Message
I bought it yesterday, and its awesome. I have no clue what to do yet, but its still fun lol. gimme a shout on irc and I'll make a new guy on whatever server everyone else is on.

M D K - Level 91 UA with Lockpick
Go to Top of Page

Faile Bashere
Flaming Bandit

9272 Posts

Posted - 09/29/2002 :  12:18:17  Show Profile  Send Faile Bashere an AOL message  Send Faile Bashere an ICQ Message  Click to see Faile Bashere's MSN Messenger address  Send Faile Bashere a Yahoo! Message Send Faile Bashere a Private Message
I bought the game this morning.. the "feel" is very nice and comfortable. I have /no/ clue as to what I'm doing either and didn't get the hint book cuz none were available. Anyone got any sites with newbie helpful info?

Go to Top of Page

Steelwind_Oo
Bandit Noble

1132 Posts

Posted - 09/29/2002 :  12:24:33  Show Profile  Send Steelwind_Oo an AOL message  Click to see Steelwind_Oo's MSN Messenger address  Send Steelwind_Oo a Yahoo! Message Send Steelwind_Oo a Private Message
No sites but some of us are on now and we maintain a private chat though it is generally pretty quiet, lol. We are in private 6 password is banjo. Assuming you are on the Pegasus shard that is.

Go to Top of Page

Axial
Bandit Soldier

616 Posts

Posted - 09/29/2002 :  15:19:19  Show Profile  Send Axial an AOL message Send Axial a Private Message
Faile's Bandits: The Next Generation!

Bandits - Lost in Space!

Beam me up, Faile!

- - - - - - -
B1u3 \/\/34531
Axial: Lvl 75 Extreme UA
bah, everyone knows ISP's are vulnerable to acid...
Go to Top of Page

Faile Bashere
Flaming Bandit

9272 Posts

Posted - 09/29/2002 :  15:21:02  Show Profile  Send Faile Bashere an AOL message  Send Faile Bashere an ICQ Message  Click to see Faile Bashere's MSN Messenger address  Send Faile Bashere a Yahoo! Message Send Faile Bashere a Private Message
man Axial, you crank me up! Damn we miss you.. get yer pc to work already!

Go to Top of Page

Kellzen
Bandit Lackey

2669 Posts

Posted - 09/29/2002 :  21:12:47  Show Profile Send Kellzen a Private Message
Damn you, damn you all to hell...

Going to pick this up tomorrow

Kellzen
Master of magic and unarmed combat
Go to Top of Page

Faile Bashere
Flaming Bandit

9272 Posts

Posted - 09/29/2002 :  21:19:22  Show Profile  Send Faile Bashere an AOL message  Send Faile Bashere an ICQ Message  Click to see Faile Bashere's MSN Messenger address  Send Faile Bashere a Yahoo! Message Send Faile Bashere a Private Message
oh yeah, I picked it up this morning.. lvl 2 warrior Kalashnikov... no clue wtf Im doing tho but im able to kill the drones, w00t and just discovered how to /tell and /reply

Also, their help is amazing.. I asked for help on how to chat, and 2 mins later the guy was explaining me all the stuff

Go to Top of Page

Matrix Monkey
Bandit Monkey

2794 Posts

Posted - 09/29/2002 :  22:01:42  Show Profile  Click to see Matrix Monkey's MSN Messenger address Send Matrix Monkey a Private Message
Im a lvl 12 defender so far...

------------------------
Lvl 65 Axer of SC
Matrix-Mage lvl 40 BM
Go to Top of Page

Steelwind_Oo
Bandit Noble

1132 Posts

Posted - 09/29/2002 :  22:07:48  Show Profile  Send Steelwind_Oo an AOL message  Click to see Steelwind_Oo's MSN Messenger address  Send Steelwind_Oo a Yahoo! Message Send Steelwind_Oo a Private Message
Well looks like friends, family and fellow ACers have banded together on the Pegasus shard. We formed the Triad a guild composed mostly of Jenquai Explorers *cough*, our leader a terran trader and one brave and noble Progen Sentinel *grin*. Looks to be all good people looking to have fun so far. Damn though this is an interesting game, looks like it has a hell of a lot of potential too.

Go to Top of Page

Matrix Monkey
Bandit Monkey

2794 Posts

Posted - 09/29/2002 :  22:13:20  Show Profile  Click to see Matrix Monkey's MSN Messenger address Send Matrix Monkey a Private Message
/t be as Jerot IG steel.

------------------------
Lvl 65 Axer of SC
Matrix-Mage lvl 40 BM
Go to Top of Page

Kellzen
Bandit Lackey

2669 Posts

Posted - 09/30/2002 :  07:17:09  Show Profile Send Kellzen a Private Message
Let me know how to find people, or something. Going to be in game this afternoon if all goes well.

Kellzen
Master of magic and unarmed combat
Go to Top of Page

Cobol
Bandit Soldier

617 Posts

Posted - 09/30/2002 :  08:11:29  Show Profile Send Cobol a Private Message
The only way I can tell if people are logged on is by adding them to my friends list. Leave your game name here and I will put you on mine and send you a tell if I see you in game. Or if you are already in the guild by then, just plug into guild chat.

I am not too crazy about the name Triad for a guild because it makes me think of a Japanese gang rather than a group of friends having fun. I would have preferred the Mothers of Invention to attract a more adult crowd.

Cobol -> 4-school
Bangalore -> Og
Atlantia -> Dagger 3-sch
Go to Top of Page

Steelwind_Oo
Bandit Noble

1132 Posts

Posted - 09/30/2002 :  08:21:40  Show Profile  Send Steelwind_Oo an AOL message  Click to see Steelwind_Oo's MSN Messenger address  Send Steelwind_Oo a Yahoo! Message Send Steelwind_Oo a Private Message
Hmm, lemme see if I get this right:

Zul = Cobol
Steelwind = me, duh!
Rictus = Mr. Pain, erm, Payne (?)

You send a tell like AC pretty much.
/tell Steelwind Yo dude

Nice little group so far. Mostly explorers and such which means we are never in trouble for travel though we are a bit light on the warfare side, heh. Learned that last night damn that was some ugly business Cobol you are lucky you bailed when you did though I had a blast, lol.

I am currently 6.11.10 (27th level) which is to say level 6 warrior, level 11 explorer and level 10 tradesman. Seeing as I am a hybrid fighter I need to work my combat skills but have been having too much fun exploring and working on my crafts skill (build devices). It is an expensive hobby but cool none the less.

Other nice interface features I like about it...

- chat channels can't say enough about em. One of the few things I missed from EQ. A channel for everything, including guild, group, local, general, races, classes, ooc, market, etc. Also privates which you create yourself and can be passworded. All of which can be turned on/off and can be set as default chat (hit enter type message hit enter) or use shortcut keys to sned text to them directly.
- friends list. gui showing who is online and where, add/remove, semd tell from there and do some other things.
- guild stuff. gui showing who is online and where, promote/demote, etc. Guild stats on all kindsa stuff (exploration, combat, size, time on, etc) and it is ranked/percentiled against all other guilds.
- e&b official forums tied directly to the game. Includes a private forum for guilds to use.
- and much more I really like the interface though there are some things I am finind I don't like. Mostly little things I am sure they will iron out, lol.

Go to Top of Page

Faile Bashere
Flaming Bandit

9272 Posts

Posted - 09/30/2002 :  08:55:50  Show Profile  Send Faile Bashere an AOL message  Send Faile Bashere an ICQ Message  Click to see Faile Bashere's MSN Messenger address  Send Faile Bashere a Yahoo! Message Send Faile Bashere a Private Message
This is one of the things I realled liked about E&B right away.. there was /alot/ of thought put into that kidn of stuff. Where Turbine concentrated on game mechanics (and failed miserably from the balancing perspective), Westwood concentrated on everything and didn't leave (to me so far) anything missing. I don't know about the balance yet, but the game just feels right...

Having said that, I am still not seeing the strong social aspect of it yet, which is worriesome.. but I guess none of the new MMORPGs show it in the beginning and it develops with time?

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 Forum Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Bandits Reborn © 2000 - 2008 Bandits Reborn Go To Top Of Page
Monitored By AzureWatch